8.23.2011

On a Mission

I am going to reclaim myself. I am actively and unapologetically (is that a word and, if it is, did I spell it right?) on a mission to find me.

You see, it's just that...I am oh so tired of being wishy washy, of letting life happen to me and then adjusting to whatever conditions I find myself in.

Opinions? I've got them. I need to start sharing them.
Intuition? I've got that, too. I need to start listening (and trusting it).
Dreams...wishes...desires? Oh yes, I've got a bushel full. It's time to take them off the shelf and dust them off. Try them on. See if they fit.

This will be fun--and it will be scary. In fact, most days I will probably want to just glide through my day, unnoticed. I do so hate being a bother.

But it's just that I've got this mission, and I need to stick to it. I do hope you understand and empathize.

Haven't you ever had to go on a search for soul?

And, if you have not been enchanted by this adventure--
your life--
what would do for you?
- Mary Oliver, "To Begin With, the Sweet Grass"
















my elephant ring that sits on my left ring finger when i need a physical reminder to be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment