9.15.2011

An outfit

I've been doing some mega shopping recently--and I'm proud to say that I've only been shopping at Goodwill. I'm actually kind of toying with the idea of only purchasing clothes from Goodwill/consigment stores from now on...but I'll wait to say more on that until my thoughts are more developed. Anywho. Shopping. I've found some great pieces that I'm excited to wear and experiment with. I've been trying to be a bit more adventurous in my style and I have a few style blogs that I've stumbled across to thank for that:
What a Nerd Would Wear
Kendi Everyday
Sidewalk Ready
The Daybook

As I've done my shopping, I've tried to be more open-minded and I've tried to have a little more fun with my clothes. In the past I've been a strictly jeans-n-tee/tank kind of girl. And there is NOTHING wrong with that. In fact, somedays you just need your favorite pair of jeans and a tank top. I'm just trying to experiment a little more... Anyway, here are a few things I've bought that I'm enjoying:

Jeans are from Old Navy, top is from a consignment boutique called Reciprocity, belt is from a thrifted skirt (Goodwill), ballet flats were originally from Target, but purchased at Goodwill
 



The pink top is a Goodwill find, as is the red skirt. The black belt is the same as the one pictured above, and the shoes are from Payless. This is me chanelling Joan Holloway. I love this high waisted red skirt. I'm thinking about hemming it a little so I can wear my brown slouchy boots with it.







































Last, but not least, floral blouse is from Goodwill (but originally Nine West), black pencil skirt/belt is from Goodwill, and bronze ballet flats are from Goodwill.

Do you enjoy thrift shopping as much as I do??

No comments:

Post a Comment