9.22.2011

Throwback Thursday

Trying a little something new for the ol' blog to help me stay consistent with it: each day will have a theme or a specific title to give me a little blogging direction.

Today is Throwback Thursday where I'll recount a memory or something from my past.

This was right around 11 years ago (whoa...I.am.old.). My best friend and I convinced our parents that we should have a joint 16th birthday party. And, you've probably figured out that the theme was Hawaiian judging by our leis and cheap grass skirts.

This silly picture perfectly illustrates our friendship. We were (and are) nutballs. I showed this picture to Becky recently and said the only thing that had really changed about us was our hair. I now let mine go curly and free and she's cut her hair to a short adorable bob.

We've been through it all together: rough patches at home, boyfriends, breakups, high school at different schools, college at different schools, living our adult lives 4 hours apart. Sometimes weeks go by without us talking or emailing, but it never matters because we are cosmic friends and we were meant to be a support for one another.

Mostly, I think, God brough Becky in my life so we could laugh together. We are the best at laughing, that is for sure.

Okay, one last friend gush and then I'll get ready for work: 27 years and a few days ago I was born and I was named Katie Rebecca. Katie was my great grandmother's name on my dad's side. Luckily they didn't tack on the Thelma (no offense, Gram). Instead, they chose Rebecca. She was Katie Thelma's best friend.

It seems like it was kismet that a little girl named Katie and another little girl named Rebecca (Becky) should meet and become friends in the 6th grade. :)

Yes, I just used an emoticon. Becky makes me emote.

This weekend the plan is for Becky to visit and for us to have a ridiculously fun time together. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment