9.15.2011

un recipe

I do love to bake. I'm not particularly skilled at it (as evidenced by the two times I attempted to make scones that ended up only being suitable for the garbage), but I do enjoy it. I dabble, really. Several years ago, when the kitchen was just the place I stored my boxes of cereal (i.e. I.did.not.cook.), I finally decided to try making muffins. And, I'm just going to be honest. These muffins are such an easy recipe, that you really couldn't call it baking. It's a standby favorite of my ma, and while these muffins are an adapted recipe from Weight Watchers, I am not making them because they help me watch my weight (but, you are rockin' that Weight Watchers bod, J. Hud.). No, I make these because they are good and tasty and because they are pumpkin and because it is nearly fall. So without further ado...
Here is what you need:















Just these three ingredients: one spice cake mix, one can of pumpkin puree, and a bag of chocolate chips (I chose semi sweet).

First things first: preheat your oven to 375. Now you're gonna dump the spice cake mix into a bowl. Then you're going to mix the pumpkin puree in with the cake mix. On top of that, pour in half a can of water. After that, mix it up, baby! It's super easy to mix by hand with a large spoon. Check it out:
















Here's the cake mix + the can of pumpkin puree + half a can of water
















And above is the mixing process! Once it is all mixsed together and there is no sign of the powder cake mix, add in your chips. Now, this is the part that makes these muffins not so Weight Watcher friendly. J. Hud. might not eat them if you add in, say, the whole bag of chocolate chips. However, I will not judge you if you want or need to add the whole bag of chips. No I won't. I added about a cups worth to mine.

After that, get out a muffin/cupcake tin. I opted to use cutesy cupcake liners for mine to make clean-up easier, but that's not necessary. However, if you don't use cupcake liners, I'd recommend spraying your muffin tin or grease each cup with a little bit of butter. You're going to distribute the muffin concoction like so:















I had a little bit of extra batter in my bowl so I topped off each muffin with a little extra and just chucked the rest.

Now bake for 30-45 minutes! These muffins are quite moist and dense, so it's good to check the muffins with a toothpick before you pull them out and turn the oven off for good.

Hope you enjoy your not so Weight Watcher friendly muffins! Wanna know a little secret? You can make devil's food cake muffins the exact same way! Just replace the spice cake mix with devil's food cake mix. I know, I know...devil's food cake and pumpkin puree? It sounds crazy, but it works. Don't forget the half can of water! Eat these plain, or, if you're really devious, add in some peanut butter chips. I dare you.















Nom Nom, says I!

This recipe is Kitty approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment